Medicare offers a number of ways to help low income members pay for their medicine.
Help with Medicare Prescription Drug Costs (Low Income Subsidy)
If you have Medicare and limited income and resources, you may qualify for extra help paying for your prescription drugs.
If you qualify, you will not pay as much for your medications.
For more information –
- Visit the Extra Help website (By clicking on this link, you will leave the Quartz Medicare Advantage website)
- Call Social Security at (800) 772-1213 (for the hearing impaired, TTY (800) 325-0778)
If you are a Quartz Medicare Advantage member that qualifies for Part D Low Income Subsidy, please refer to the table below.
2020 Elite D
- If your level of extra help is 100%, your premium is $1.60.
- If your level of extra help is 75%, your premium is $8.10.
- If your level of extra help is 50%, your premium is $14.60.
- If your level of extra help is 25%, your premium is $21.10.
2020 Value D
- If your level of extra help is 100%, your premium is $0.
- If your level of extra help is 75%, your premium is $0.
- If your level of extra help is 50%, your premium is $0.
- If your level of extra help is 25%, your premium is $0.
Have you qualified for extra help but you are still paying a full copayment for your medicine?
If you believe you are paying an incorrect drug copayment and you have qualified for extra help, Quartz Medicare Advantage can help confirm your eligibility*.
We can help you if you have ONE of following documents:
- A copy of the beneficiary's Medicaid card (including the beneficiary's name and eligibility date)
- A copy of a state document that confirms active Medicaid status
- A print out from the state electronic enrollment file showing Medicaid status
- A screen print from the State’s Medicaid systems showing Medicaid status
- Other documentation provided by the State showing Medicaid status
- A letter from the Social Security Administration (SSA) showing that the individual receives Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- An Important Information letter from SSA confirming that the beneficiary is "...automatically eligible for extra help..."
For Institutionalized Members
Institutionalized members may have a zero cost-sharing level. In order for the member to get that benefit, Quartz Medicare Advantage must give Medicare ONE or more of the following documents:
- A remittance from the care facility (institution). The remittance must show a Medicaid payment for a full calendar month.
- A copy of a state document that confirms Medicaid payment to the care facility on behalf of the member for a full calendar month
- A screen print from the state’s Medicaid system showing the member’s institutional status based on at least a full calendar month's stay for Medicaid payment purposes.
*Quartz Medicare Advantage follows Medicare’s Best Available Evidence Policy (By clicking on this link, you will leave the Quartz Medicare Advantage website).
This webpage was updated on January 1, 2020.